If you have decided to acquire a laptop from PlayOn! Sports, then you do not need to worry about installing any additional software.
PlayOn Producer: pre-installedVideo Capture Device Drivers: Video Capture Device is provided and drivers are pre-installedCustomized Logos, Sample Graphics, and Videos: pre-installedAdditional Software:
Any Video Converter (AVC): pre-installed with customized mp4 settings preloadedVLC: pre-installedAdobe Reader: pre-installedChrome: pre-installed with important bookmarks
- The PC laptop meets our hardware specifications. You can find them here.
- You have Administrative access to the laptop. You will need this to install any software.
- All of the Windows Updates have been run. Forgot how? Microsoft can help.
- You have acquired a Video Capture Device. Click here for what kind of device to get and where to purchase one.
Remotely connecting your laptop not only allows us to install everything you need, software-wise, correctly, but it is also an important support tool we use when you need help on the fly. Once you've acquired our laptop and have checked off all of the criteria (see above), contact us at email@example.com to schedule a remote installation (this take about 45 minutes depending on your Internet connection).
PlayOn Producer: remotely installedVideo Capture Device Drivers: remotely installedCustomized Logos, Sample Graphics, and Videos: remotely installedAdditional Software:
Any Video Convertor (AVC): remotely installed and preloaded with customized mp4 settingsVLC: remotely installedAdobe Reader: remotely installedChrome: remotely installed with bookmarks
The PlayOn software and additional software can be installed independently. Here is where you can find what you need to run a basic broadcast.
PlayOn Producer: you can find the latest download of PlayOn Producer on the "Dashboard" tab in PlayOn Manager on the right side under "Downloads."
- Click the link
- Save File
- The file will save in your Downloads folder
- Once the file has finished downloading, right-click the zip file and select Extract All Files
- Double-click to run the installer
Video Capture Device Drivers: contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 877.339.7529Additional Software:
VLC: VLC is a free video playing software that reads the video format that PlayOn Producer creates (F4V). Download the software here.Adobe Reader: Most laptops will come with Adobe Reader to read PDF files, but you can find the download here.Chrome: This is an optional web browser that we suggest. You can find the download here.